JACK ALLSTON, CEcD, FM.
Senior Economic Development Consultant
Jack has spent over 30 years in the field of economic development.
He has worked throughout North America , including Canada , New York , Massachusetts, West Virginia , Nebraska , Pennsylvania , Illinois and Kansas .
He has worked on dozens and dozens of site locations and expansions of companies such as: CB Sports, New Balance Athletic Shoe, Yuasa- Exide, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, CR Bard, Mallinkrodt, Nationwide Insurance, Hewlett-Packard, United Merchants and Manufacturers, James River .
For eight years he was managing consultant to Paragon Decision Resources, a major site selection and relocation company headquartered out of Chicago and California . While there, he wrote numerous plans, studies and reports and advised communities on how to develop and companies on where to locate. His clients included regions and communities throughout the Midwest , Canada , and Caifornia.
He has lectured and been a guest speaker throughout the continent and is particularly noted for his talks in Canada on marketing and strategic planning, the American way.
He is a graduate of Lowell University , Lowell , Massachusetts ; B.S., Business Administration, Northeastern University , Boston , Massachusetts ; M.A., Economics (with a concentration in labor).
Graduate, Institute for Organization Management sponsored by Chamber of Commerce of U.S. Graduate, Economic Development Institute, University of Oklahoma and American Economic Development Council.
Certified Economic Developer (C.E.D.) and former member of the Certification Board of the American Economic Development Council Fellow Member, American Economic Development Council, winner of the Distinguished Service Award from that council in 1993.
He completed site selection work for Reliastar/ING, Becton Dickinson, EMD Chemicals, Northwest Airlines and a new corporate headquarters location for La Quinta Hotels in Dallas .
He has conducted workshops on economic development over the last several years in Halifax for the Regional Economic Development Authorities of the Province of Nova Scotia, CUED, the South Dakota Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Association, Stockton, California for educators and training agencies on workforce development (3X), Washington, Iowa for area volunteers and business people on principles of economic development, the City of Toronto, Alliant Energy, Mid America Economic Development Council (MAEDC) and many others, Watertown, South Dakota on strategic planning and marketing, Mid America Economic Development Council on workforce development.
Visit http://jackallston.com/ for more information about Jack Allston.
James R. Kinnett II
CEcD, F.M., EDFP
President of The Kinnett Consulting Group
Mr. Kinnett has been in the Economic Development profession for over 30 years. He is currently President of The Kinnett Consulting Group and partner in Corporate Financial Services, LLC. These two company's deal with products including economic development consulting, business brokering, site location, loan packaging and incentive negotiations. Mr. Kinnett has worked with over thirty companies in assisting them on their location and financing issues. Previously he was the President of the Area Roundtable in Parkersburg, West Virginia. This organization handled all of the economic development efforts for Wood County, West Virginia. He was instrumental in the development of a 400+ acre business park which houses Coldwater Creek with total employment of 800+ individuals, a public port, downtown and riverfront development initiatives. He also authored the Parkersburg/Wood County Foreign Trade Zone application, which became the first established FTZ in the State of West Virginia. He and the Corporation had also been involved in the ownership and leasing of two facilities in Wood County to area businesses and the development of a spec. building with total usable square footage in excess of 800,000 square feet with assets of $40+M.
Mr. Kinnett is a graduate of Indiana State University - Terre Haute , IN , in Economics and Social Sciences; and is also a graduate of the University of Oklahoma 's - Economic Development Institute. Additionally, he attended and graduated from the National Development Council's Economic Development Finance Courses, and completed local Leadership and Quality programs.
In 1982 Mr. Kinnett received his Certification Designation as a Certified Economic Developer from the American Economic Development Council (AEDC). In 1983 he was appointed to the CEcD Certification Board and served as its Chairman during 1986 and 1987. He was re-appointed to the CEcD Certification Committee and also serves on the Board of Directors of the International Economic Development Council, the IEDC Accredited Economic Development Organization Revue Committee, and Chairman of the IEDC Audit Committee. He also served on the Polymer Alliance Zone Board, the Region 4 WIB Board and on the initial Administrative Board of the Caperton Center for Applied Technology.
He currently resides in Lawrenceburg , Indiana with his wife and is involved in numerous other local activities. His list of accomplishments include:
- Has worked with over thirty companies in their site selection process
- Drafted the Warren County Ohio Strategic Development Plan
- Drafted the Ohio County , Indiana Comprehensive Plan
- Designed and created the Baraboo, Wisconsin Industrial Park
- Expanded the Richmond Indiana Industrial Park
- Designed and created the 500 acre Parkersburg Business Park
- Designed and marketed the Parkersburg Public Port and Industrial Park
- Drafted the first Foreign Trade Zone application in the State of West Virginia for the Parkersburg/Wood County Foreign Trade Zone site which was approved in 1996 by the US Department of Commerce Foreign Trade Zone Board. (14 Month Process)
- Designed and wrote the Comprehensive Plan for Richmond , Indiana (1993)
- Assisted and advised in the writing of the 2000 Comprehensive Plan update for Parkersburg , WV .
- Designed and advised the Downtown Master Plan for Parkersburg , WV (2001).
- Designed and advised in the Civic Center Market Analysis for Parkersburg, WV (1995).
- Conducted Community Audits for Economic Development purposes for Miami and Tallahassee, Florida; Moberly, Missouri; Hagerstown, Maryland and Phillipi, WV.
- Participated on a design Review team for Kokomo, Indiana.
- He has worked throughout the United States , including Indiana , West Virginia , Iowa , Illinois , Wisconsin and Tennessee.
- Has worked on numerous site selection projects for industry.
- Graduate, Economic Development Institute, University of Oklahoma and American Economic Development Council
- Graduate, National Development Council's, Economic Development Finance Professional school
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and former member and Chair of the Certification Board/Committee of the American Economic Development Council/International Economic Development Council
- Member of the Accreditation Team for the AEDO designation of IEDC
- Fellow Member, American Economic Development Council/International Economic Development Council
- Winner of the Distinguished Service Award from that council in 1993
- Serve on the Board of Directors of the International Economic Development Council
- Graduate of Indiana State University , BS in Social Sciences and Economics
- Has lectured at EDI, Indiana, Indiana Basic ED Course, Ohio Basic ED Courses, and the Community Development Institute
Visit http://jbaassoc.com/ for more information about James R. Kinnett II.
Dr. Tetyana Allston
Dr. Allston holds a Ph.D. in Psychological Education from the Gorky Institute in Kiev , Ukraine . She has traveled throughout Eastern Europe and speaks three languages. She is the former chair of department at Sumy State University in Eastern Ukraine . She assists on all projects at JBA and conducts research applicable to your community/region.
Dr. Allston is also very knowledgeable about norms and mores in Eastern Europe which include Ukraine and Russia . She understands government in those nations and can help your company in seeking a site in many Eastern European nations. Dr. Allston has a multitude of alliances and connections in Eastern Europe that will help you approach your location analysis effectively
Visit http://tanyaallston.com/ for more information about Tanya Allston.